NHL notebook: Bettman gets status update on Seattle arena
Commissioner Gary Bettman visited Seattle to meet with local elected leaders to get an update on the status of a possible new arena.
NHL spokesman Frank Brown Brown said the meeting was solely to get an update on the status of a new arena being proposed by investor Chris Hansen. Legislation approved by city and county officials call for an NBA team to be placed in Seattle first before an NHL team unless the memorandum of understanding on the project is rewritten.
• Capitals defenseman Dmitri Orlov will miss the rest of the hockey world championships after breaking his arm in Russia's 6-1 win over the United States on Monday. Orlov is set to travel to the United States for treatment.
• A jersey worn by Wayne Gretzky will go on the auction block in Montreal. Sports collector Shawn Chaulk will sell the Oilers' jersey worn by the Great One when he broke Phil Esposito's single-season scoring record of 76 goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair accused of stealing bronze vases at Greenwood Memorial Park
- Musical fundraiser carries across generations
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- NK grocery store robbed
- Stop nets 3 men on gun, drug charges in New Kensington
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Roundup: Housing numbers reflect broad slowdown; U.S. consumer confidence slides in September; more
- Venezuela’s Maduro says airlines wage ‘economic war’