NHL notebook: Bettman gets status update on Seattle arena
Commissioner Gary Bettman visited Seattle to meet with local elected leaders to get an update on the status of a possible new arena.
NHL spokesman Frank Brown Brown said the meeting was solely to get an update on the status of a new arena being proposed by investor Chris Hansen. Legislation approved by city and county officials call for an NBA team to be placed in Seattle first before an NHL team unless the memorandum of understanding on the project is rewritten.
• Capitals defenseman Dmitri Orlov will miss the rest of the hockey world championships after breaking his arm in Russia's 6-1 win over the United States on Monday. Orlov is set to travel to the United States for treatment.
• A jersey worn by Wayne Gretzky will go on the auction block in Montreal. Sports collector Shawn Chaulk will sell the Oilers' jersey worn by the Great One when he broke Phil Esposito's single-season scoring record of 76 goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Pirates manage to stumble on the bases in bid for sweep of Giants
- Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Bucar upset with DA Zappala for alert
- Blairsville bar, adjacent building on fire
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Former Shady Side Academy standout set to take field for Pitt