Subpoena issued against former Canucks owner
A U.S. federal judge ruled a subpoena can be issued compelling former Vancouver Canucks owner John McCaw Jr. to testify in Steve Moore's lawsuit against Todd Bertuzzi and the team.
The Ontario Superior Court of Justice asked the U.S. court this year to subpoena the Seattle-based McCaw.
Moore's lawyer, Tim Danson, says he hopes McCaw will accept the rulings of the Ontario Superior Court and the U.S. District Court and appear as ordered at the trial slated to begin in September.
Moore is suing Bertuzzi and the Canucks for $38 million for a 2004 on-ice hit that ended Moore's career.
Then a Colorado Avalanche player, Moore suffered a concussion and three fractured vertebrae.
Rangers backup goalie out
Rangers backup goalie Cam Talbot was unavailable for the Stanley Cup Final opener because of an unspecified injury.
Journeyman goalie David Leneveu backed up Henrik Lundqvist against the Kings on Wednesday night.
Talbot appeared in relief of Lundqvist twice during the Eastern Conference playoffs, mostly recently in Game 5 against Montreal on May 27.
But he missed practice last weekend with an injury, and coach Alain Vigneault says he's not ready to play if needed.
Around the league
The Devils re-signed defenseman Marek Zidlicky to a one-year deal. Last season, he had 12 goals and 30 assists in 81 games. ... The Red Wings agreed to a three-year contract with coach Jeff Blashill to lead their AHL team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Armstrong inmate escapee charged with murdering family matriarch
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- $2-per-gallon gas expected by year’s end, but not in Western Pa.
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Residents seek to shore up status of Shadyside’s rare exposed-wood street