Hopewell's Harmotto, U.S. volleyball settle for silver in loss to Brazil
TribLIVE Sports Videos
LONDON — Hopewell's Christa Harmotto and the U.S. women's volleyball team settled for a disappointing silver medal by falling to Brazil — for a second consecutive Olympics — in the championship match Saturday at Earl's Court.
The U.S. dominated the first set, 25-11, but Brazil pushed back just as hard in taking the second and third, 25-17 and 25-20. The Americans never regained the momentum and lost the decisive fourth set, 25-17.
Harmotto, 25, was competing in her first Olympics.
The Americans were 7-0 entering this match and had lost only two of 23 sets the entire tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Berry wins Steelers’ puntingjob; Wing traded to Giants
- Penn State offense confident it can have better season
- Interactive: Pitt’s top moments at Heinz Field
- Tree falls into house in Hempfield, injuring 1
- Trimmer Pilot belies more room, power
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Philly DA won’t fire Fina, two others for porn emails
- With no end in sight, Clinton will address emails
- Element of surprise awaits West Virginia in opener