Olympic BMX cyclist Bennett dies in Texas auto accident
TribLIVE Sports Videos
HOUSTON — Olympic BMX cyclist Kyle Bennett has been killed in an automobile accident in eastern Texas. He was 33.
A statement from USA Cycling says the single-vehicle crash happened early Sunday in Conroe, Texas, north of Houston.
Bennett was a three-time BMX world champion and won an automatic spot on the first U.S. BMX Olympic team in 2008.
In the statement, USA Cycling CEO Steve Johnson said Bennett was a pioneer in Olympic BMX cycling and an inspiration to those who knew him.
Bennett is survived by his fiancé and a young daughter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Graham rejects GOP Benghazi report as ‘garbage’
- 2 residents, kitten rescued from Highland Park fire
- NFL notebook: Vikings coach thinks Peterson will return to team once reinstated
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Flash!: Alliance Française de Pittsburgh; “Come Fly With Me” gala
- Power out for 20 customers after West Deer crash
- Arts council’s juried art exhibition opens at SAMA
- Hanna’s Town celebrates ‘Three Centuries of Coffee and Chocolate’