Olympic BMX cyclist Bennett dies in Texas auto accident
TribLIVE Sports Videos
HOUSTON — Olympic BMX cyclist Kyle Bennett has been killed in an automobile accident in eastern Texas. He was 33.
A statement from USA Cycling says the single-vehicle crash happened early Sunday in Conroe, Texas, north of Houston.
Bennett was a three-time BMX world champion and won an automatic spot on the first U.S. BMX Olympic team in 2008.
In the statement, USA Cycling CEO Steve Johnson said Bennett was a pioneer in Olympic BMX cycling and an inspiration to those who knew him.
Bennett is survived by his fiancé and a young daughter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Commentary: Witherspoon, Ellison are changing movies
- Charity wants donors to knit and purl for animal shelters
- How to dine out with kids
- Harmar native’s new book opens door to world for students
- Ex-etiquette: Remarried mom doesn’t want Thanksgiving with ex
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Hax: Dad changes mind, meaning siblings get bigger portion of estate
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Reflecting frustration, Webb eyes presidency