Kovacevic: For Williams, bobsled all uphill
TribLIVE Sports Videos
SOCHI, Russia — If there's one particularly damning perception to be culled from the stunning, stirring news Saturday that Lauryn Williams will be riding with the elite USA-1 bobsled at these Olympics, it's that she's making it look easy.
I mean way too easy.
The little racer from Rochester is making it look as if anyone with stout legs, snazzy spandex and a Robocop helmet could waltz onto a track and give it a whirl.
“Well, she does make it look very easy,” Elana Meyers was telling me Saturday after the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation's announcement. Meyers will be the driver of USA-1, as had long been expected given her impeccable credentials, and Williams will be the brakeman, which was decidedly not expected. “But then again, she's one of the best athletes on the planet, so I'm sure she'd make anything look easy.”
Here's betting our man Eddie made it look easy, too.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former McKeesport resident donates to heritage center children’s raffle
- Fuel cell standoff slows car technology’s rise in popularity
- Pakistan’s private schools chief rebukes teenage activist Malala Yousafzai
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- Fire breaks out for 3rd time in abandoned McKeesport house
- Lofty expectations
- Freeport’s Sikora going for gold again in wheelchair basketball
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Christmas parade gets warm welcome in Saxonburg
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center