Vickless, Gaughan lauded as Reider, Booster award winners at Brentwood
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Justin Vickless and Alexis Gaughan have been lauded as the top senior athletes at Brentwood High School for 2013-14.
The annual Brentwood all-sports banquet, sponsored by the Brentwood High Athletic Boosters, was held last week at Brentwood High School, with the senior athletes being the main attraction.
Vickless was the recipient of the Mark Reider Award, which is presented to the top male senior athlete at Brentwood.
Gaughan was the recipient of the Booster Athlete Award, which is given to Brentwood's top senior female athlete.
The two award winners earned a total of 23 varsity letters between them in high school.
Vickless was a four-year letterman in football, three-year letterman in baseball, and finished with two varsity letters in basketball and track and field.
Gaughan was a four-year letterwinner in soccer, swimming and softball.
Two other Brentwood seniors, Andrew Stofesky and Laura McGowan, were presented with the male and female scholar-athlete award at the banquet.
Stofesky earned four varsity letters in basketball, two in cross country and two in track and field.
McGowan was a four-year letterwinner in basketball, and a one-year letterwinner in softball and track and field.
McGowan was lauded as the “most outstanding team member” in girls' basketball for the third year in a row. She also was named the most outstanding team member in girls' track and field this year.
The most outstanding team members of all varsity sports at Brentwood were announced at the awards banquet. They are as follows:
• Baseball — Tyler Jorgenson
• Basketball (boys) — Matt Yasko
• Basketball (girls) — McGowan
• Cheerleading — Alexis Bubacz
• Cross country (boys) — Brandon Striplin
• Cross country (girls) — Mia Jandric
• Football — Jeremy Cenci
• Golf — Nathan Christopher
• Soccer — Andrew Gazzam
• Softball — Sydney Bauer
• Swimming (boys) — Kevin Bakowski
• Swimming (girls) — Katy Ellen Kramer
• Track and field (boys) — Pat Carr
• Track and field (girls) — McGowan
• Volleyball — Alexandra Gibbons
Yasko, Bubacz, Striplin, Cenci, Bauer, Bakowski, Kramer and Gibbons all were senior student-athletes at Brentwood in 2013-14.
Jorgenson, Christopher and Gazzam were juniors in 2013-14; Jandric and Carr were sophomores.
Gaughan was cited as the most outstanding team member in softball as a junior.
Striplin was a repeat winner in boys' cross country.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci