Ligonier fencers finish 5th in North American Cup
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, 6:10 p.m.
The Ligonier Fencing Club placed fifth Saturday in the Senior Team Men's Epee Division at the North American Cup in Virginia Beach, Va.
Ligonier, seeded second, received a first-round bye in the 22-team tournament, then defeated No. 15 Boston Fencing Club, 45-44.
Ligonier dropped a 45-32 decision to No. 7 DC Fencers Club in the quarterfinals.
Members of the Ligonier club will compete individually in the North American Cup on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC: As many as 27,000 employees affected in data breach
- West Mifflin public works lauded for efforts
- Allegheny Township supervisors agree to rezone land for farming
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- New Kensington police decline to identify stabbing victims amid investigation
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Avonmore parents enter child with genetic disorder in contest for wheelchair-accessible van
- Kiski Valley native in wheelchair persists to save life, forge bond