Ligonier fencers finish 5th in North American Cup
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Ligonier Fencing Club placed fifth Saturday in the Senior Team Men's Epee Division at the North American Cup in Virginia Beach, Va.
Ligonier, seeded second, received a first-round bye in the 22-team tournament, then defeated No. 15 Boston Fencing Club, 45-44.
Ligonier dropped a 45-32 decision to No. 7 DC Fencers Club in the quarterfinals.
Members of the Ligonier club will compete individually in the North American Cup on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Rossi: Days off are when Pirates’ starters begin winning formula
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround