Ligonier fencers finish 5th in North American Cup
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, 6:10 p.m.
The Ligonier Fencing Club placed fifth Saturday in the Senior Team Men's Epee Division at the North American Cup in Virginia Beach, Va.
Ligonier, seeded second, received a first-round bye in the 22-team tournament, then defeated No. 15 Boston Fencing Club, 45-44.
Ligonier dropped a 45-32 decision to No. 7 DC Fencers Club in the quarterfinals.
Members of the Ligonier club will compete individually in the North American Cup on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Pitt wraps up spring football practice with closeness, competition
- Pirates notebook: Wandy Rodriguez experiencing decline in fastball velocity
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Pirates conclude wild suspended game with win, drop 2nd of series
- Obama, Biden to announce $500M for job training grants during W.Pa. visit
- Lawsuit against Frazer policeman, township moved to federal court