Seton grad Fischetti gears for ACC soccer
The University of Pittsburgh athletic teams will move into the Atlantic Coast Conference next season.
That means Pitt's men's soccer team will switch from the Big East Conference to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Those are regarded as the two best men's soccer conferences in the country.
Seton-La Salle grad Alex Fischetti, a redshirt junior defender/midfielder at Pitt, says he's ready for the new challenge.
“I'm excited just to get to play a fifth year, and to get to play in the ACC,” said Fischetti, a Baldwin native. “I'm looking forward to next season. I've had the chance to play in the Big East for four years against some of the best teams in the country, and it's been fantastic. Now, it's one more year in a new conference against all new teams.”
Fischetti played in 14 games, starting 11, as the Panthers went 6-9-2 overall in 2012.
“With this team not losing many people and a core group coming back, I think we can do well in our first season in the ACC,” Fischetti said, “and show everyone that we can play with the top teams in the country.”
Brian Knavish is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Gorman: Mt. Lebanon coach leads USA to gold
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds