Seneca selected for showcase
By Michael Love
Published: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Plum junior Jordan Seneca will attend her third Queen of Diamonds national fast-pitch softball showcase Jan. 5 and 6 at Kent State University in Ohio.
Seneca also participated in Queen of Diamonds showcases in August and last January.
The Queen of Diamonds showcases are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S. and draw athletes from more than 30 states and two Canadian provinces.
This is the 17th year for the Kent State showcase, and a sister showcase at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, S.C., enters its seventh year.
Coaches from colleges and universities in NCAA Division I, II and III; NAIA; NJCAA; and NCCAA attend the events each year.
Only about 250 players are selected to attend the showcase at Winthrop and Kent State universities out of close to 2,000 who apply.
The showcase participants are selected based on criteria ranging from ability, potential, academics, graduation year and coaches' requests and referrals.
Seneca helped the 2012 Mustangs varsity team to a 9-3 record in Section 2-AAAA (runner-up to Franklin Regional) and a WPIAL playoff appearance.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Memorial Day parade honors area veterans
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Nurse to run in honor of crash victim
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.