Rebels playing in prestigious event
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Did you know that:
• The Seton-La Salle boys' basketball team is slated to play tomorrow, Friday, in the Cancer Reasearch Classic at Wheeling Jesuit University?
“It is a two-day event; we play (on) the first day,” Mark Walsh, Seton-La Salle's head coach, said. “They are bringing some of the top high school teams in the United States to participate; we are playing the opening game on (Friday).”
• Four Baldwin players scored in double figures in a consolation-round loss to Keystone Oaks in the Hampton holiday tournament?
Jake Michaels and Anthony Greco paced the Highlanders with 16 and 15 points, followed by Arnes Bajgora's 13 points and Doug Altavilla's 10.
• Seton-La Salle senior Angela Heintz recorded her 1,000th career point against Northland in the the Pickerington North (Ohio) holiday classic?
Heintz, who is a Duquesne University recruit, scored 12 points in the game.
Nicolete Newman paced the Lady Rebels with 17 points, and was complemented by Natalie Piaggesi's 15. Cassidy Walsh added 11.
• The Seton girls' basketball team lost for the first time in two years, falling to Centerville in the semifinal round in the Pickerington North holiday classic?
• Thomas Jefferson's Alexis Yanief and Haley Kutscher combined for 26 points against Franklin Regional, and 25 against Albert Gallatin, in the Laurel Highlands holiday tournament?
• The Brentwood girls' basketball team opened the new year riding a four-game winning streak?
The Lady Spartans defeated California, 60-26, and Charleroi, 35-22, in the California holiday tournament to improve to 5-5 overall.
• Baldwin's freshman hockey squad owns a 7-2 overall record?
Paul Kerr is the team's leading scorer with 17 goals and 13 assists, good for 30 overall points. Dominic Carlino is the team leader in assists with 17.
• The Brentwood (Tenn.) boys' basketball team won the Gateway hoops classic?
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- 4 people, including 12-year-old boy, shot, wounded in Homewood
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Gorman: Women breaking coaching barriers
- Riverhounds’ goalkeeper Thompson relishes fruitful stint with Jamaica
- Girl, 10, forced to strip in Sewickley Township home invasion