Rebels playing in prestigious event
Published: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Did you know that:
• The Seton-La Salle boys' basketball team is slated to play tomorrow, Friday, in the Cancer Reasearch Classic at Wheeling Jesuit University?
“It is a two-day event; we play (on) the first day,” Mark Walsh, Seton-La Salle's head coach, said. “They are bringing some of the top high school teams in the United States to participate; we are playing the opening game on (Friday).”
• Four Baldwin players scored in double figures in a consolation-round loss to Keystone Oaks in the Hampton holiday tournament?
Jake Michaels and Anthony Greco paced the Highlanders with 16 and 15 points, followed by Arnes Bajgora's 13 points and Doug Altavilla's 10.
• Seton-La Salle senior Angela Heintz recorded her 1,000th career point against Northland in the the Pickerington North (Ohio) holiday classic?
Heintz, who is a Duquesne University recruit, scored 12 points in the game.
Nicolete Newman paced the Lady Rebels with 17 points, and was complemented by Natalie Piaggesi's 15. Cassidy Walsh added 11.
• The Seton girls' basketball team lost for the first time in two years, falling to Centerville in the semifinal round in the Pickerington North holiday classic?
• Thomas Jefferson's Alexis Yanief and Haley Kutscher combined for 26 points against Franklin Regional, and 25 against Albert Gallatin, in the Laurel Highlands holiday tournament?
• The Brentwood girls' basketball team opened the new year riding a four-game winning streak?
The Lady Spartans defeated California, 60-26, and Charleroi, 35-22, in the California holiday tournament to improve to 5-5 overall.
• Baldwin's freshman hockey squad owns a 7-2 overall record?
Paul Kerr is the team's leading scorer with 17 goals and 13 assists, good for 30 overall points. Dominic Carlino is the team leader in assists with 17.
• The Brentwood (Tenn.) boys' basketball team won the Gateway hoops classic?
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Area music store earns top honors
- Judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.