TribLIVE Sports Videos
The West Jefferson Hills Knights of Columbus will hold its annual council-level basketball free-throw shooting contest Jan 26, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Nativity Catholic School gym.
Area boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are eligible to participate. The age groups are determined by age on Jan. 1, 2013. A birth certificate or other proof of age is required.
Registration will be held at the gym at the time of the competition. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Winners in each age group will be awarded a trophy, and will advance to the district level competition.
Nativity Catholic School is located on Brownsville Road in South Park.
For questions or more information, call 412-655-3462.
Seton grad named player of the week
Seton-La Salle grad Katie Gattuso, a 6-foot junior forward on the Seton Hill University women's basketball team, was lauded recently as the WVIAC women's basketball player of the week.
It was Gattuso's second player of the week accolade. The local product leads the Griffins in rebounding and blocked shots this season.
Alper's elite football camp scheduled
Tom Alper's Elite Football Camp will be held Feb. 2, Feb. 16 and March 2, from 6:45 to 9:45 p.m., at the Robert Morris University Bubble on Neville Island.
The camp is open to quarterbacks, receivers, kickers, punters and long-snappers in grades six to 12.
For questions or more information, email email@example.com, or call 412-901-8096.
BAA registration slated this month
Brentwood Athletic Association will accept registrations for baseball, fast-pitch softball, slow-pitch softball and T-ball on Jan. 19 and Jan. 27, from noon to 3 p.m., at the Brentwood Civic Center.
For questions or additional information, call 412-969-7535.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Donora-Webster bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- Second Blair County friar commits suicide in province under sex abuse investigation
- Ligonier Township officer’s widow to file civil suit
- FBI searching for Homestead man indicted for sex trafficking in children