Brentwood Athletic Association baseball, softball registration slated at civic center
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brentwood Athletic Association will hold registrations for the 2013 season on Saturday and on Jan. 27, from noon to 3 p.m., at the Brentwood Civic Center.
Signups for baseball, fast-pitch softball, slow-pitch softball and T-Ball will be accepted. For questions or additional information, call 412-969-7535.
Free-throw contest slated Jan. 26
The West Jefferson Hills Knights of Columbus will hold its annual council-level basketball free-throw shooting contest Jan 26, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Nativity Catholic School gym.
Area boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are eligible to participate. A birth certificate or other proof of age is required.
Registration will be held at the gym at the time of the competition.
Winners in each age group will be awarded a trophy, and will advance to the district level competition. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Nativity Catholic School is located on Brownsville Road in South Park. For questions or more details, call 412-655-3462.
Positive-athlete nominations sought
Nominations for the second annual Western Pennsylvania Positive High School Athlete Awards are open for boys and girls in 26 sports.
Coaches, athletic directors, teachers, parents or fans can nominate an athlete who displays the “Seven Definitions of a Positive Athlete.”
Winners in each sport will be recognized by former Steeler receiver Hines Ward during a ceremony in April, 2013 at the Heinz History Center.
Deadline for nominations is March 15.
Visit pittsburgh.positiveathlete.org for more information.
Boys' basketball clinic on tap at Seton
Mark Walsh, Seton-La Salle head coach, will conduct a basketball clinic for area boys in fourth to eighth grade Monday at the Seton-La Salle gym.
The clinic will run from 1 to 2:45 p.m. for fourth-, fifth- and sixth-graders, and from 3 to 4:45 p.m. for seventh- and eighth-graders.
For questions or additional information, contact Coach Walsh at 412-881-1955 or 412-979-2913.
Co-ed kickball league to begin in March
Pittsburgh Sports & Social Club is planning a co-ed recreational kickball league set to begin this spring, with the aim of providing similar leagues in the future.
The league costs $45, with an early bird discount of $39. Play will begin in mid-March and will consist of an eight-game season ending in May.
For more information or to register for the league, visit www.pittsburghssc.com or contact Chad Day at 412-368-5425.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Residents want crossing guard at spot where McKeesport student was struck, killed
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates
- U.S. adds 173,000 jobs in August, dropping unemployment rate to 5.1 percent
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Pittsburgh schools chief Lane stepping down next summer
- Gay couple receives marriage license from controversial Ky. clerk’s office
- Truck hits teen cyclist, goes over Brighton Heights hillside