TribLIVE Sports Videos
The spring-like weather we experienced recently provided a brief respite from the normally frigid winter days, and also reminded me that golf season isn't too far away.
Baldwin's indoor golf facility, located in the Wallace Building, offers area golfers an opportunity to practice and possibly perfect their game.
There is no admission fee to use the facility, which was the brainchild of Baldwin golf coach Jim Stanko.
The golf facility consists of hitting nets, a putting green, chipping green and sand trap, exercise rooms, as well as other unique features.
It is open to adults on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4 p.m., and to students on Mondays from 4 to 6 p.m., and Wednesdays 4 to 8 p.m.
The facility also is open to the public on Saturdays from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
For questions or more information, contact Stanko at 412-952-9597.
Gibson scores 1,000th career point
Naje Gibson, a 6-foot junior forward, has joined Seton-La Salle teammate Angela Heintz in the 1,000-point club.
Gibson recently registered her 1,000th career point in her third season as a varsity starter for the Lady Rebels.
Heintz, a senior guard and Duquesne University recruit, hit the 1,000-point mark earlier this season.
“We have some tough games coming up and we are trying to get mentally and physically prepared for those stretches of games,” John Ashaolu, Seton-La Salle's head coach, said. “Our practices have slowed down a bit because there is a lot of teaching. We are continuing to work on our fundamentals.”
One of those “tough” games took place Monday at Bishop Canevin, as Seton stormed past its rival, 66-35, behind Gibson's game-high 19 points.
Sophomore guard Nicolette Newman added 14 points, including four treys.
“As a coaching staff, we are stressing details to the girls,” Ashaolu said. “We want them to focus on doing the little things such as talking on defense, boxing out and setting screens.”
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pittsburgh braces for waves of marches, demonstrations this week
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- LCB reduces fee for tavern gaming licenses
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- Western Pa. commission pitches $4.7 billion wish list to state
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Natrona Heights woman burned in trailer fire