District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- Newbill scores 20 as Penn State holds off Drexel
- ‘Cause for Paws’ telethon helps dogs find homes
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Cat saved from California storm drain after 2 weeks