District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
By Staff and Wire Reports
Published: Friday, Feb. 15, 2013, 11:54 p.m.
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- At least three people dead in Armstrong County crash
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- Physical Columbus team is a hit in playoff opener against Penguins
- Veteran North Huntingdon police officer fired
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Pirates notebook: Walker’s razor a right-handed swing solution
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Play of the game: Sutter’s goal completes rally
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Mogie’s in Lower Burrell subject of hearing by Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for noise