District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Kids get kick out of new comic club at Homestead library
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Rossi: State of NFL gives Steelers a chance
- Utility company helps customers prep for cold
- Volunteers spruce up McKeesport trail
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit