District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
By Staff and Wire Reports
Published: Friday, February 15, 2013, 11:54 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, June 13, 2013
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Harris: More majors for Tiger? We’ll see
- Reds hit 4 solo homers, defeat Pirates, 4-1
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
- BVA’s Francia headed to Buffalo
- Freeport has a bank office again
- Westmoreland County Prison nears its capacity
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.