District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Braddock agency is a lifeline for commuters
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins