District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Overnight snow delaying schools in western Pennsylvania
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Consol Energy posts $74M profit in fourth quarter
- Former Monessen Mayor Smith injured in train crossing crash