District roundup: Point Park women top Carlow for 22nd hoops win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ja'Nia McPhatter scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added nine rebounds as the Point Park women defeated Carlow to break the school's record for regular-season victories.
The Pioneers improved to 22-5, surpassing the previous mark of 21 set last season, and moved to 11-4 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Carlow slipped to 14-14 overall and 5-10 in the KIAC.
First-place Point Park, which has won 10 of its past 11 games, plays at West Virginia Tech on Saturday in the regular-season finale.
No. 15 Georgetown 62, Cincinnati 55 — In Cincinnati, Otto Porter Jr. scored 16 points while playing in foul trouble, and Georgetown wasted a 12-point lead in the second half before rallying for its seventh straight win.
Markel Starks finished with 17 points and freshman D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 for the Hoyas. JaQuon Parker scored 15 points to lead Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East), which shot only 31.5 percent from the floor.
The Hoyas (19-4, 7-6) had lost their last four against the Bearcats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Woman gets probation in deadly shooting outside Pittsburgh bar