Pittsburgh Half Marathon sells out
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon sold out on Sunday, leaving spots remaining only in the full marathon and marathon relay, and those races are nearly full, according to race officials.
Organizers have capped registration for race weekend this year — including the three races on May 5 as well as the 5K and kids' race — at 30,000, an all-time high.
The only way for runners to register for the half marathon now is by signing up through the Run for a Reason charity partners. More information on participating charities and their contact information is available at www.pittsburghmarathon.com/charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Developer delays renovation plans for Northway Mall
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Obama vetoes union election bill; streamlined election process to move forward
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor appointed to investigate leaks from Kane’s office
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Man awaiting trial for offering drugs to 2 teens found hanged in his Belle Vernon home