Pittsburgh Half Marathon sells out
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon sold out on Sunday, leaving spots remaining only in the full marathon and marathon relay, and those races are nearly full, according to race officials.
Organizers have capped registration for race weekend this year — including the three races on May 5 as well as the 5K and kids' race — at 30,000, an all-time high.
The only way for runners to register for the half marathon now is by signing up through the Run for a Reason charity partners. More information on participating charities and their contact information is available at www.pittsburghmarathon.com/charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Plum officials: District won’t inhibit ‘constitutionally protected speech’
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Grand jury presentment: AG Kane lied, attempted to cover up leak
- State jumps in UPMC-Highmark dispute
- Poland blocks pro-Putin Russian bikers at border
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union
- Man freed from collapsed trench in Sheraden
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh