Pittsburgh Half Marathon sells out
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon sold out on Sunday, leaving spots remaining only in the full marathon and marathon relay, and those races are nearly full, according to race officials.
Organizers have capped registration for race weekend this year — including the three races on May 5 as well as the 5K and kids' race — at 30,000, an all-time high.
The only way for runners to register for the half marathon now is by signing up through the Run for a Reason charity partners. More information on participating charities and their contact information is available at www.pittsburghmarathon.com/charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Wolf’s Pa. budget plan seen as having almost no chance
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellant
- Ice jam wipes out McKeesport’s marina
- Miami’s 67-63 victory further damages Pitt’s NCAA Tourney hopes
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Dermatologist led UPMC residency program
- Supreme Court split on Obamacare subsidies