Pittsburgh Half Marathon sells out
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon sold out on Sunday, leaving spots remaining only in the full marathon and marathon relay, and those races are nearly full, according to race officials.
Organizers have capped registration for race weekend this year — including the three races on May 5 as well as the 5K and kids' race — at 30,000, an all-time high.
The only way for runners to register for the half marathon now is by signing up through the Run for a Reason charity partners. More information on participating charities and their contact information is available at www.pittsburghmarathon.com/charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Bethel trio of siblings celebrate 150 years of marriage
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Homewood West woman charged after stabbing woman during card game
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen