Pittsburgh Half Marathon sells out
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, 2:36 p.m.
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon sold out on Sunday, leaving spots remaining only in the full marathon and marathon relay, and those races are nearly full, according to race officials.
Organizers have capped registration for race weekend this year — including the three races on May 5 as well as the 5K and kids' race — at 30,000, an all-time high.
The only way for runners to register for the half marathon now is by signing up through the Run for a Reason charity partners. More information on participating charities and their contact information is available at www.pittsburghmarathon.com/charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Search warrant shows 12 items seized from stabbing suspect’s locker
- Preview of Thursday’s Pirates-Reds game
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Pittsburgh to spend $10,700 to repair 4 chandeliers in mayor’s office
- RAW: Natural Born Artists helps serve up emerging fashion designers across U.S.
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Hot Ticket: Dance Africa: Pittsburgh; Sci-fi at the Science Center; Art All Night
- A.J. Richardson, wife held for trial over 911 calls
- New Castle woman’s body recovered from Lawrence County pond
- Hot Picks: Leon Russell in the Strip; Bach Choir celebrates ‘Jazz Mass’ with Joe Negri
- Former U.S. Steel executive and wife make $500,000 donation