Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Washington County man accused of homicide in more trouble
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Oglethorpe: A week in the life of a smalltown boy
- MLB notebook: Giants call up Uggla after brief stint in minors
- Saturday’s scouting report: Pirates at Rockies
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Plug-in Accord makes gas station visits rare
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower