Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Unusual fruiting vines offer tasty options for Western Pennsylvania gardens
- Hyde Park woman, 38, faces sex charge with teen
- Good jobs report gives Wall Street the jitters
- Route 422 reopened after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- NFL notebook: Seahawks reportedly close to re-signing RB Lynch
- Horrible Pittsburgh winter enlightens those who survived frigid season
- Bowling pro offers personal coaching at Baldwin lanes