Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair accused of stealing bronze vases at Greenwood Memorial Park
- Musical fundraiser carries across generations
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- NK grocery store robbed
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Roundup: Housing numbers reflect broad slowdown; U.S. consumer confidence slides in September; more
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Stop nets 3 men on gun, drug charges in New Kensington
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic