Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- 3 area teams eliminated
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Girls’ soccer sites set
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert