Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Strong-armed outfielder Garcia growing into all-around threat
- College football preview: Big Ten