Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Judge dismisses littering charge against former colleague City Council president Bruce Kraus
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Toast of the Town: Explore Lawrenceville’s many watering holes
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Penguins’ Fleury tests negative for mumps; Crosby skates with team
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB