Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- $11M gift from Hillman to help CMU attract faculty, support students
- Pitt women’s soccer makes history; West Virginia doesn’t want to repeat it
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense