Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Penguins acquire Blues forward Lapierre for Goc
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- 3-D images to help police in Western Pa. navigate terror, hostage scenes
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer