Storm scuttles Nets' opener in Brooklyn
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Knicks-Nets game that was scheduled for Thursday night at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been postponed at Mayor Michael Bloomberg's request after damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Though the NBA had said Tuesday night the game would go on as planned, Bloomberg asked the league that it be called off.
$80 million for Harden
James Harden agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with Houston. The Rockets acquired the reigning Sixth Man of the Year in a trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Thunder last season.
Curry gets new deal
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.
Matt Barnes missed the Clippers' opener Wednesday while serving a one-game suspension issued by the NBA after he pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanor for resisting, delaying or obstructing a police officer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steeler lineman Adams sues men he claims attacked, stabbed him
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Ex-Wash High star McKenzie charged by police, suspended by Virginia Tech
- Court rules Steelers must pay Okobi workers comp
- House resolution urges Wolf to reverse death penalty moratorium
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development