Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Three ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Pirates pitcher Cole’s strong outing wasted in 14-inning loss at home
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Court upholds EPA emissions restrictions
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril