Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Singer Aimee doesn’t put her music on a pedestal
- Cal braces for District 9 champs
- Venango earned rare trip to PIAA playoffs
- Wolf’s Pa. budget plan seen as having almost no chance
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- Ice jam wipes out McKeesport’s marina
- ‘Pippin’ presents challenge to Pine-Richland students
- 3-D printers add new dimension in education at Franklin Regional