Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- So Many Questions: ‘Kingdom’ actress Joanna Going sees addiction’s consequences
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- NHL notebook: Kings support suspension of defenseman Voynov
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- The Wine Cellar: Chairman’s Selections highlight Italian wine values