Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins center Sutter is thriving despite unsettled 3rd line
- Motivated quarterback Roethlisberger fights to prop up Steelers
- Kovacevic: Why give credence to Heisman?
- Bengals’ balanced offense poses threat to Steelers
- Pitt’s Donald wins Lombardi Award
- Pirates sign free agent pitcher Volquez
- Daily News roundup: Top-seeded Elizabeth Forward rolls past Frazier
- Baldwin-Whitehall School Board eliminates controversial administrative position
- Shaler grad Thorpe finding his way at PSU
- High school roundup: Franklin Regional tops Norwin to win host tournament
- First base options thinning as winter meetings go on