Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- Animal rights grup protests in Pleasant Hills
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Sheriff starts fundraising to buy drug-sniffing K-9 officer for Armstrong
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Gov. Wolf vetoes bill to privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor system
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Attorney General’s twin sister sued by FBI agent ex-boyfriend
- Former Jeannette High wrestling coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls