Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Local groups hope NFL lends support
- Penn Hills runs past Mt. Lebanon defense
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- More Iraq deployments may be needed as terrorist fight intensifies, Army chief says
- Robinson scores 4 TDs as Blairsville stays undefeated
- No. 5 McKeesport rebounds to rout Latrobe
- Monessen averts upset bid with 28-6 victory over Leechburg
- Seton-La Salle outlasts Steel Valley
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors