Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Pittsburgh man gets 2 life terms in slaying of Beaver Falls couple
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder
- Teen girls’ suicide bombs rip into Nigerian village marketplace
- Abduction in Mexico to spur police, judicial system changes
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty