Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Good season predicted for region’s boaters
- Drenching rains green pastures, bode well for cattle herd expansion in Great Plains
- De Silvestro must take advantage of powerful engine
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Roaring Run mountain bike trail to be thrust into limelight
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Nonprofits in Pa. barely break even, survey finds