Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Domestic dispute at gas station leads to lockdown at Arsenal Middle School
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Judge orders 28 UPMC protesters who blocked traffic to do community service
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Judge hears arguments on Conneaut tax status, sheriff’s sale could be delayed
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North