Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Multimillion-dollar renovations to remake 1960s Pittsburgh apartments
- Unseasonably cold temperature sets Western Pa. record
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants