Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Monessen nuisance bar hearing opens
- Donora talks trash with two collectors
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- 3 arrested in recent McKeesport business burglaries
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors