Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- From sticks to pucks, Mt. Pleasant collector wields power of the Pens
- Arrests made in South Side fracas
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot sought to ‘destroy’ the plane
- Penguins minor league notebook: WBS players eager for possible NHL playoff call-up
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Smaller properties in Alle-Kiski Valley remain attractive to drillers