Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Robert Morris drops to 0-5 after overtime loss to New Mexico St.
- Southmoreland wrestling team takes old-school approach
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy’s Jackson O’Neill, USC’s Emma Hasco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Burrell school officials update education goals
- Congressman visits Kistaco Farm in Kiski Township