Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Beacons track shoppers’ smartphones amid retailers’ aisles