Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- Route 22 closed in Delmont after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Snappers treat revitalizes Lawrenceville’s Edward Marc Brands chocolatier
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- South Side zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt