Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play