Report: Harvick signs with Stewart-Haas Racing
TribLIVE Sports Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Tony Stewart has reportedly signed Kevin Harvick to drive for his team beginning in 2014.
Stewart would not comment Friday on the report by ESPN.com, which said Harvick has signed a multi-year agreement to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing when his contract expires after next season. Stewart said he doesn't discuss business until he's got something official to announce.
Stewart, a three-time series champion, is expanding SHR to three cars next year when Danica Patrick moves to the Sprint Cup Series full-time.
“When we have something to tell you guys, we'll tell you,” Stewart said.
Kyle Busch wins pole
Busch set a track record in winning the pole at Phoenix International Raceway, where Brad Keselowski got a jump on Jimmie Johnson in their championship race.
Martin Truex Jr. qualified second and Denny Hamlin was third to give Toyota the top three spots for Sunday's race.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Disney TV Animation going strong after 30 years
- Penn State mens basketball wins fourth in a row, improves to 6-1
- Homework: Gifts and Greens Market is Dec. 4-6
- Homes for the holiday: Christmas house tours abound
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Gazing at the grass in winter is a vision in grace
- National Portrait Gallery asks public to vote for art
- Ryan says journalism, fiction ways to tell story
- Book details Steelers’ history in black and white
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated, can return to NFL
- Why the Oscars need more movies like ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’