Lingerie league plans to put football franchise in Pittsburgh in 2014
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Legends Football League, formerly the Lingerie Football League, announced plans for an expansion franchise in Pittsburgh for 2014.
Pittsburgh will be the 13th franchise in the league, which eventually wants expand to 26 — including most major American media markets.
“The fanatical culture that surrounds sports in Pittsburgh is second to none,” Legends Football League founder and chairman Mitchell S. Mortaza said in a statement. “The Steel City has been at the top our list since 2009. We are finally in strategic position to move forward with our plans.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- West Virgina advances to WNIT title game
- Gibsonia film producer makes documentary about female troops serving in war
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Orioles 3, 10 inns.
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society