Outdoors notices: Week of Sept. 18, 2017
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. The walk at the Reserve's trails is free. Register online at aswp.org/events/7840
• Linn Run State Park and Forbes State Forest are offering an autumn Spruce Flats Bog Tour at 11 a.m. Saturday. Participants should meet at the Linn Run State Park office prior to the tour. For more information, call 724-238-6623.
• McConnells Mill State Park is hosting the 25th Annual Heritage Festival from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sept. 24. The festival celebrates the operational time period of the historic gristmill. The festival will offer art, music and family activities. Admission and parking are free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-368-8811.
• Venture Outdoors is offering an Abandoned Turnpike Bike Ride from 1-4 p.m. Sunday. The leisurely paced bike ride will cover approximately 17 miles of an abandoned section of the PA Turnpike. The route will pass through two tunnels, so bring a headlamp and a backup flashlight. Program costs $18. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is hosting its annual apple cider festival & craft show at Muskrat Beach 2 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Oct. 1. The festival features more than 100 vendors of handmade crafts, food vendors, cider pressing demonstrations and activities for kids. Parking and admission are free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-674-1000.
• Keystone State Park is holding a Fall Foliage Float from noon-2 p.m. on Oct. 4. Enjoy the colors of fall from the vantage point of Keystone Lake. Loaner kayaks are available but are limited. Event is free. Registration is required. Email email@example.com or call 724-668-2939 to register.
• Point State Park is offering a Lantern Tour of Point State Park from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Oct. 6. Join park staff in front of Fort Pitt Museum for a lantern-lit sunset tour of the park, where participants will talk about the history of the land, including mysterious stories of the colonial era. Space is limited and registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-565-2850.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding an outing at Allegheny Land Trust's Dead Man's Hollow at 8 a.m. on Oct. 7. Meet with outing leader David Yeany before exploring the mixed oak forest. For more information, call 814-221-4361.
• Forbes State Forest is organizing a two-day intermediate backpacking trip Oct. 7-8. Participants will be joined by park staff. For more information, email email@example.com or call 724-259-2201.