Outdoors notices for Sept. 25, 2017
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Friday at Todd Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for a free walk on the reserve's trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/7813
• Venture Outdoors is offering a Mount Davis Trek from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Hike up and down the highest mountain in Pennsylvania on this 7-8 mile trek. This event is dog-friendly. Program costs $12. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is hosting its annual Apple Cider Festival & craft show at Muskrat Beach 2 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. The festival features over 100 vendors of handmade crafts, food vendors, cider pressing demonstrations and activities for kids. Parking and admission are free. Email email@example.com or call 814-674-1000.
• Keystone State Park is holding a Fall Foliage Float from noon-2 p.m. on Oct. 4. Enjoy the colors of fall from the vantage point of Keystone Lake. Loaner kayaks are available but limited. Event is free. Registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-668-2939 to register.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding an outing at 8 a.m. Oct. 7 at Allegheny Land Trust's Dead Man's Hollow. Meet with outing leader David Yeany before exploring the mixed oak forest. For more information, call 814-221-4361.
• Point State Park is offering a Lantern Tour of Point State Park from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 6. Join park staff in front of Fort Pitt Museum for a lantern-lit sunset tour of the park, where participants will talk about the history of the land, including mysterious stories of the colonial era. Space is limited, and registration is required. Email email@example.com or call 412-565-2850.
• Forbes State Forest is organizing a two-day intermediate backpacking trip from Oct. 7-8. Participants will be joined by park staff. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-259-2201.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding a birding walk at 8 a.m. Oct. 8 at Frick Park. Jack and Sue Solomon will lead the walk in Frick Park with the hopes of seeing lots of fall warblers. Participants will meet at the Frick Environmental Center. Call 412-521-3365.
• McConnells Mill State Park is offering a Fall Foliage Hike from 4-5:30 p.m. Oct. 14. Participants will meet beside the Kildoo Pavilion before embarking on a hike in order to take in the changing colors of the leaves that comes with the autumn season. Email email@example.com or call 724-368-8811.