Fishing report: Green Lick Reservoir yielding good amount of walleye
• Green Lick Reservoir is hosting a good deal of walleye in the more shallow sections. According to reports, the walleye are frequently biting at live bait. Anglers are also catching some larger sized catfish at the reservoir. Live bait such as nightcrawlers or other bait such as chicken livers or frogs should be effective when fishing for the catfish.
• Acme Dam is yielding plenty of panfish to fishermen in the area. There are also reports of largemouth bass being picked up on live bait.
• Anglers at Jacob's Creek are reeling largemouth bass using mostly live bait. Panfish are also a popular catch at the creek located just below Bridgeport Dam.
• The Youghiogheny River is offering up plenty of smallmouth bass. The bass are nibbling most often at soft plastic minnows.
• The Monongahela River and its tributaries in southern Washington County are harvesting large populations of walleye. Anglers are also reporting plenty of walleye in the lock and dam areas. Many of the walleye being caught are measuring in at sublegal size, but the catch rates appear to make for some good fishing.
• At Maxwell Lock and Dam and the nearby Dunkard Creek Confluence with the Monongahela River, fishermen are picking up good numbers of channel catfish.
• Dutch Fork Lake is giving up some hefty largemouth bass to fishermen using soft plastic baits. According to reports, the bass are most active during the early morning and evening.
• Anglers fishing Canonsburg Lake are reporting highly productive outings when it comes to channel catfish. Nighttime has made for the best fishing, with most of the catfish being caught on live bait and chicken livers.
• The largemouth bass fishing is picking up at Cross Creek Lake, with anglers reporting catches of 4-plus pounds in the last week. The bass are being reeled in on soft plastic baits and an assortment of lures. Dawn and dusk appear to be the most efficient times of the day to fish.
• At the Crooked Creek Lake outflow, anglers are doing well trolling for muskellunge. A few smallmouth bass and largemouth bass catches were reported as well.
• In Venango County, the Allegheny River is providing fishermen with ample opportunity to catch a solid-sized smallmouth bass. The bass, which don't seem to be congregating in any specific stretch of the river, are biting at top water lures and soft plastic baits. A handful of northern pike and muskellunge catches are being reported, too.
• Anglers fishing the Shenango Reservoir are picking up a variety of fish, including panfish, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and catfish. The panfish are active around the shorelines while the bass and catfish are being found throughout the reservoir.