Outdoors notices: Oct. 1
• Keystone State Park is holding a fall foliage float from noon-2 p.m. Wednesday. Enjoy the colors of fall from the vantage point of Keystone Lake. Loaner kayaks are available but are limited. Event is free. Registration is required. Email email@example.com or call 724-668-2939 to register.
• Point State Park is offering a lantern tour from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday. Join park staff in front of Fort Pitt Museum for a lantern-lit sunset tour of the park, where participants will talk about the history of the land, including mysterious stories of the colonial era. Space is limited and registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-565-2850.
• Forbes State Forest is organizing a two-day intermediate backpacking trip from Saturday to Sunday. Participants will be joined by park staff. For more information, email email@example.com or call 724-259-2201.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding a birding walk at 8 a.m. Sunday at Frick Park. Jack and Sue Solomon will lead the walk in Frick Park with hopes of seeing fall warblers. Participants will meet at Frick Environmental Center. Call 412-521-3365.
• McConnells Mill State Park is offering a fall foliage hike from 4-5:30 p.m. Oct. 14. Participants will meet beside Kildoo Pavilion before embarking on a hike in order to take in the changing colors of the leaves that comes with the autumn season. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-368-8811.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is having an owl prowl at 7 p.m. Oct. 14 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Learn more about local owls and search for them on the trails. Cost is $6 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Register online at aswp.org/events/7874
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is holding Family Science Night from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Oct. 19. Join the park naturalist and explore hands-on science while participating in fun activities. Program is best-suited for ages 4-12 but all are welcome. No RSVP is required. Contact Beth Garner at 814-674-1000 x105 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Venture Outdoors is offering a fall colors hike from 9 a.m.-noon Oct. 21 at Emerald View Park. Take in the fall colors during a 3-4 mile hike across moderate terrain. Program costs $12. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-255-0564.