Outdoors notices for Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
• Pheasants Forever and the Pennsylvania Game Commission will hold a Wildlife Habitat Enhancement Seminar at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Buffalo Township Municipal Building. At the seminar, programs that are available to private landowners that help improve wildlife habitat at little or no cost to the landowner will be discussed. Email Chet Krcil at email@example.com or call 724-986-5250.
• Prince Gallitzin State Park is offering a ‘Walk with Me' Wednesday event from 2-3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Join the park naturalist for a walk in the park, with this walk featuring Turkey Ridge Trail. The 1.5-mile hike will be moderately challenging with some inclines and changing trail conditions. Wear sturdy shoes and bring drinking water. Meet at the trailhead sign at Muskrat Beach 3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-674-1000.
• Point State Park is having its annual Santa Spectacular event beginning at 5 p.m. Friday. Booths will be present with activities and displays for all ages. Coffee and hot chocolate will be available. There will also be festive performances for entertainment.
• Ohiopyle State Park is holding a Volunteer Trail Clean-up at 9 a.m. Saturday. Help chip in and give back to Ohiopyle State Park by keeping the trails of the park clean and beautiful. Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at the Meadow Run House. Clean up will be sponsored by Friends of Ohiopyle (FOO). Contact Barb Wallace at email@example.com or visit FOO's website www.friendsofohiopyle.com
• Three Rivers Birding Club is having an outing at 8 a.m. Sunday at Moraine State Park. Participants will gather in the first parking lot on the right at the park's day use area before heading out to explore the park. Call 412-521-3365.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is offering a Birds and More Nature Walk at 9 a.m. Nov. 22 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for this free walk on the Reserve's trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/7914.
• Jennings Environmental Education Center is holding a “Naturally Grateful” Wonder Walk from 10-11:30 a.m. Nov. 24. Join park staff for a family-friendly walk and give thanks for the natural beauty of the autumn season. The program is free, and pre-registration is not required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-794-6011.
• Venture Outdoors is offering a Holiday Pie Hike from 1-4 p.m. Nov. 24. Head out for a moderately paced 4-5 mile walk at Settlers Cabin Park and afterwards, enjoy some homemade pie. Program costs $20. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.