• Anglers fishing Lake Erie's tributaries have been picking up steelhead, mostly on Elk and Walnut creeks, on pink eggs, shiners or minnows and chartreuse crystal meth flies. The warming weather is expected to bring the streams up, however, so the fishing might get more difficult.
• The warm weather has brought the fishing at Greenlick Lake to a stop, as there's no open water yet no ice strong enough to support anglers.
• Bridgeport Dam is likewise unfishable because of unsafe ice.
• Anglers on the Allegheny River have starting picking up a few more fish in recent days, according to reports. Those using shiner sand minnows reportedly have been taking smallmouth bass and a few walleyes.
• A few anglers were ice fishing at Northmoreland Lake earlier in the week and reportedly were getting panfish. But deteriorating ice conditions may have put an end to that.
• On the Ohio River, fishing pressure has been relatively light, but those fishing near the mouths of Montour and other creeks and near the locks have been getting a few smallmouth bass and drum.
• Crappies and bluegills were being caught through the ice at Pymatuning Lake, according to reports. Small minnows and jigs tipped with maggots have been accounting for most of the fish caught.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.