Lake Arthur, Ohio River producing fish
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• The on-again, off-again weather has made for, at best, iffy ice conditions at Pymatuning Lake, according to a report from Patti Poff at Poff's Place in Espyville. Anglers have not been able to get on the lake with any regularity, and those who have ventured out are doing poorly.
• Lake Somerset has seen little in the way of fishing pressure.
• A few anglers have been fishing for trout at the Yough tailrace, which was stocked Wednesday. There have been no reports on success.
• Anglers were picking up trout at Upper Twin Lake when there was enough open water to fish. Pressure has been off lately.
• Anglers fishing the Ohio River below the dam at Leetsdale, near the mouth of Little Sewickley Creek, have been getting a few walleyes by fishing with shiners, said Wayne Lykens of Island Forearms of Neville Island. Anglers have also been fishing the river near the mouth of Montour Creek, but there's been no word on catches there.
• Keystone State Park Lake was stocked with trout this week.
• Mammoth Dam, Upper and Lower twin lakes and Donegal Lake are all scheduled to be stocked next week.
• At High Point Lake, anglers fishing through the ice have been getting northern pike, pickerel and walleyes, along with some panfish.
• At Lake Arthur, anglers fishing some of the bays, such as Porter's Cove and Muddy Creek, have been getting crappies, bluegills and bass, said Jerry O'Donnell of O'Donnell's Sports Supplies of Portersville. The crappies have been as long as 13 inches. The top baits have been maggots, wax worms and shiners.
• Lake Wilhelm has been getting a little fishing pressure, but ice conditions have been poor, according to one report.
• Anglers have been doing some open water fishing at Quemahoning Reservoir, around the Green Bridge and in the tailrace. A northern pike or two have been reported, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report.
• Laurel Hill Lake was stocked earlier this week.
• Canonsburg Lake has ice, but it's not thick enough to support fishing, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report.
• Lake Erie's steelhead streams have been largely frozen over, according to reports, though a few anglers have reported taking fish in pockets of open water.
• A few anglers have been on Presque Isle Bay, though the ice has been spotty, with at least one fishermen going through and requiring rescue this past week.
Show commenting policy