TribLIVE Sports Videos
Panfish and macaroni
• 1 pound panfish, boiled and flaked
• 2 cups elbow macaroni, unmarked
• 1 cup canned whole kernel corn
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• ½ teaspoon celery salt
• 2 cups white sauce (made of 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup milk)
Cook the macaroni in salted water until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
In a greased casserole dish, arrange a layer of macaroni and cover it with a layer of the fish and corn. Season it all with salt and parsley, then add another layer of macaroni. Pour the white sauce over the entire mixture, then season with the celery salt, pepper and paprika. Top with the bread crumbs. Bake everything at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pennsylvania’s elk hunt brings unique opportunity to take record-size bulls
- State lawmaker still pushing merger of Pa. Game, Fish commissions
- Frye: Deer Alliance makes debut
- Fishing report: Pymatuning walleye fishing remains tough
- Outdoors notices: July 28, 2014
- Changes made to senior lifetime fishing licenses
- Outdoors notebook: Local teens shoot well during 4-H invitational
- Young angler lands rare fish from Allegheny River
- Outdoors notebook: A 2nd elk tag will be available each fall
- Fish and Boat Commissioners not settled on wild vs. stocked trout