Published: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 8:58 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, February 10, 2013
Panfish and macaroni
• 1 pound panfish, boiled and flaked
• 2 cups elbow macaroni, unmarked
• 1 cup canned whole kernel corn
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• ½ teaspoon celery salt
• 2 cups white sauce (made of 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup milk)
Cook the macaroni in salted water until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
In a greased casserole dish, arrange a layer of macaroni and cover it with a layer of the fish and corn. Season it all with salt and parsley, then add another layer of macaroni. Pour the white sauce over the entire mixture, then season with the celery salt, pepper and paprika. Top with the bread crumbs. Bake everything at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
- Outdoors notebook: Meeting about Somerset Lake still on hold
- Fishing report: Allegheny River hot for walleyes, catfish
- Frye: Less mowing and more grass this summer
- Fans of wooden canoes say the boats are timeless
- Outdoors notebook: Pa.’s growing elk herd outpacing habitat gains
- Virgin Run Lake loaded with bluegills
- Survey says: Lake Arthur still good for muskies
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.