New gear for the outdoorsman
Published: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 6:48 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Cat Can Pizza
• 1 teaspoon cooking oil
• 1 refrigerated biscuit
• 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
• 1 teaspoon shredded cheese
• pizza toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, bacon bits, etc.)
This is a campfire favorite developed by an Indiana Girl Scout troop and popular with kids. Rub the inside of an empty tuna can with cooking oil. Place the thawed biscuit in the bottom of the can and flatten it. Add the pizza sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings. Cover the can with heavy-duty aluminum foil and place it on a grate over hot coals. Heat it just long enough for the dough to cook, then serve.
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Prime minister: ‘Strong indications’ fatal London attack is terror-related
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
- NFL notebook: Urlacher announces retirement
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.