• Anglers have been fishing over freshly stocked trout in the delayed harvest section of Pine Creek, downstream of the abandoned railroad bridge, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report. There was no word on catches.
• Likewise, anglers have been fishing the delayed harvest section of Buffalo Creek in Armstrong County. Nymphs, woolly bugger, glo-bugs and small bucktail jigs were all taking fish.
• The fishing has been scattered on the Allegheny River. Those fishing in the Kittanning area have not been having much success, according to reports. But some anglers fishing farther upriver were getting walleyes before the season closed Thursday. One musky was caught near the mouth of Mahoning Creek.
• Conditions have slowed the fishing at Lake Arthur, where there has been little in the way of open water and ice too thin to support anglers, according to one report.
• Anglers have been catching some trout at Harbor Acres Lakes, which remains open to catch-and-release fishing through opening day of trout season.
• Anglers fishing the Beaver River with creek chubs were getting some walleyes, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report.
• The fishing has reportedly been slower on the Ohio River.
• Anglers have been getting some trout at Upper Twin Lake, also on a catch-and-release basis, using maggots and wax worms. A few panfish have also been reported.
• A few fishermen have been targeting Green Lick Dam, but there's been no word on catches.
• The Yough River has been running high and muddy, limiting the fishing there.
• Raccoon Creek Lake in Beaver County has been giving up trout to catch-and-release fishermen using Powerbait, wax worms and meal worms.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.