Fishing report: Twin Lakes, North Park giving up lots of trout
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• Anglers have been getting trout at both Upper and Lower Twin lakes, using all sorts of live baits, from maggots and meal worms to wax worms, said Martha Martino of Jimmy's Sporting Goods in South Greensburg. Powerbait has also taken fish.
• The Ohio River has been giving up a fair number of walleyes, some exceeding 25 inches in length, to anglers fishing with shiners, said Wayne Lykens of Island Firearms of Neville Island.
• Keystone Lake hasn't been getting a lot of fishing pressure, but the handful of anglers venturing out have been getting some trout, according to reports.
• The fishing has been slow at Lake Arthur, according to Glenda O'Donnell of O'Donnell's Sports Supplies in Portersville.
• At Raccoon Creek State Park, there's been some fishing pressure, with anglers trying their luck from shore and in boats. But the weather has limited the action.
• The Allegheny River has produced a few walleyes, but fishing pressure has been slight, according to a report from Transue's Bait in Kittanning.
• North Park Lake has been producing lots of trout recently, with one 24-inch rainbow reported caught and released this week.
• Legal-sized walleyes and white bass have been hitting on the Monongahela River, especially around the mouth of Pigeon Creek and near the old Lock 4, said Danny Plants of Shadlure in West Elizabeth.
• Canonsburg Lake has been producing trout for anglers fishing with meal worms and wax worms, according to one report.
• Those fishing with nymphs and, to a lesser degree, streamers have been taking trout from the delayed harvest section of Buffalo Creek.
• At Pymatuning Lake, there's been very little fishing activity, according to Patti Poff of Poff's Place in Espyville.
• Anglers have been taking a few trout at Virgin Run Lake, with Powerbait a top producer.
• Donegal Lake has been stocked with trout, but fishing pressure there has been spotty, as have catches, according to one report.
Bob Frye is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @bobfryeoutdoors.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.