Fishing report: Fish hitting at Pymatuning Lake
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• At Pymatuning Lake, the walleye and crappie fishing have both been very good, according to reports. Walleyes were being caught in crawler harnesses and floating jigs tipped with a crawler, while the crappies were hitting jigs tipped with minnows.
• The fishing was slow at Mammoth Park this week, according to reports, though anglers were picking up some panfish and bullhead catfish.
• At Yough Dam, northern pike continue to provide some action, hitting on shiners as well as spinnerbaits. The walleye bite has been OK, and anglers have reportedly being doing well on panfish.
• On Loyalhanna Creek, anglers were still picking up trout this week, along with rock bass, smallmouth bass and the occasional panfish.
• Lake Erie has been difficult to fish in recent days because of high winds and waves, according to several reports. When anglers have been able to get out, they've been catching yellow perch in 35 to 40 feet of water off the mouth of Trout Run, according to one report. A few smallmouth bass have also been caught.
• Lake Arthur has been giving up good numbers of bass, according to reports. The crappie bite has been pretty good, too. There's been little word on walleye catches, though.
• At Shenango Lake, crappies have been hitting, but most have been on the smaller side. Minnows fished alone or on a jig have been taking most of the fish.
• Kooser Lake hasn't been getting much in the way of fishing pressure, but anglers have been getting a few trout there yet. Paste baits, maggots and wax worms have all taken fish.
• Walleyes and smallmouth bass were hitting well on the Allegheny River this past week, with most of the action occurring below the dams. Minnows were a top bait.
• At Lake Wilhelm, fishermen have been getting lots of crappies and bluegills fishing from shore, though most of the fish have been small so far. Jigs fished under a bobber have been the hot bait.
• Canonsburg Lake has been giving up some decent channel cats, as well as some trout, according to one report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Port Authority steps closer to linking Oakland and Downtown, makes switch from Highmark to Aetna
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement