• Anglers have started to notice a few steelhead, mostly jacks, moving into Erie's tributary streams, with pods of fish in Walnut and Elk creeks especially. But by no means has the fall run really started, according to multiple reports.
• Trout are hitting in the outflow area of the Yough River.
• Further downstream, between Cedar Creek and Sutersville, anglers are picking up smallmouth bass, carp and catfish on assorted live baits. Tube jigs are also taking a few fish.
• The pressure is light and the fishing slow at Upper and Lower Twin lakes. Anglers are picking up some small largemouth bass and bluegills, mostly on nightcrawlers.
• Cross Creek Lake is producing some decent-sized panfish, including crappies, in recent days. The largemouth bite is OK, according to reports, with some of the better action coming later in the day.
• The fishing has been hit or miss at High Point Lake, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report. Pike, pickerel and largemouth bass is providing most of the action.
• At Keystone Lake in Armstrong County, the fishing is this week, according to reports. Yellow perch and bluegills are the most active.
• At Yough Dam, anglers are getting smallmouth bass, channel catfish and northern pike, but few walleyes, according to one Fish and Boat Commission report.
• The smallmouth bite on the Allegheny River is pretty good, according to multiple reports. Fishermen tossing tube jigs and topwater baits are doing best.
• Anglers battling the weeds are doing OK on bass at Dunlap Creek Lake. Soft plastic baits and nightcrawlers are taking fish.
• At Lake Arthur, fishing pressure is off a bit lately. Those going out are picking up some largemouth bass and, at dusk and after dark, channel catfish.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.