Outdoors notices: Oct. 14
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, 5:31 p.m.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will host a guided “birds and more” naturalist hike through Todd Nature Reserve in Butler County starting at 9 a.m. Oct. 18. It's free, but preregistration is required. Call 412-963-6100.
• Venture Outdoors will lead a beginner's kayak paddle on Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park in Butler County from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 26. Equipment, guides and instruction is provided. Minimum age for participants is 12. Cost is $22 for members, $30 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will hold a Creatures of the Night walk at 8 p.m. Oct. 18 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Allegheny County. Participants can come in costume or not and look for owls, bats, flying squirrels and more. Crafts and refreshments will be provided, but preregistration is required. Call 412-963-6100.
• Three Rivers Birding Club and Todd Bird Club will lead a joint outing to Yellow Creek State Park in Indiana County to look for assorted bird species at 8 a.m. on Nov. 2. Meet at the park office. Call Margaret Higbee at 724-354-3493.
• Venture Outdoors will lead a trip to fly fish for wild brown trout on Yellow Creek in Bedford County from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 19. Guides will assist with fly selection and presentation as anglers fish meadow and gorge sections. Cost is $65 for members, $86 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Outdoors notebook: Elk tag program may get reboot
- Area anglers recorded many top-ranked catches from 2013
- Outdoors notices: April 20
- Outdoor notices: April 19
- Study shows Pennsylvania bears like to put down roots
- Fishing report: Trout hitting well in most locations
- Frye: Commission discusses ‘second opening day effect’
- Outdoors notices: April 13