• Forbes State Forest in Westmoreland County will host a free 5-mile hike along the Wolf Rocks and Wolf Rocks Loop trails that will take in a scenic view from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 2. Dress for the weather and bring water and snacks. Call 724-259-2201.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will lead a naturalist-led owl prowl hike from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 4 at Succop Nature Reserve in Butler County. Cost is $6 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Call 412-963-6100.
• Venture Outdoors will lead a nature photography hike through Keystone State Park in Westmoreland County from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 3. Autumn Stankay of Skysight Photography will discuss how to take better pictures. Cost is $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
• Cook Forest State Park in Clarion County will hold a program on white-tailed deer from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Nov. 7. Bring a spotlight and prepare to carpool to look for deer. Call 814-744-8407.
• Three Rivers Birding Club and Todd Bird Club will lead a joint outing to Yellow Creek State Park in Indiana County to look for assorted bird species at 8 a.m. Nov. 2. Meet at the park office. Call Margaret Higbee at 724-354-3493.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will hold a program on how to build an emergency shelter in the woods from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 16 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Allegheny County. Participants will learn how to identify shelter areas and how to insulate yourself to stay alive if you have to spend a night in the woods. Cost is $6 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Call 412-963-6100.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.