Outdoors notices: Oct. 28, 2013
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• Forbes State Forest in Westmoreland County will host a free 5-mile hike along the Wolf Rocks and Wolf Rocks Loop trails that will take in a scenic view from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 2. Dress for the weather and bring water and snacks. Call 724-259-2201.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will lead a naturalist-led owl prowl hike from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 4 at Succop Nature Reserve in Butler County. Cost is $6 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Call 412-963-6100.
• Venture Outdoors will lead a nature photography hike through Keystone State Park in Westmoreland County from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 3. Autumn Stankay of Skysight Photography will discuss how to take better pictures. Cost is $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers. Call 412-255-0564.
• Cook Forest State Park in Clarion County will hold a program on white-tailed deer from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Nov. 7. Bring a spotlight and prepare to carpool to look for deer. Call 814-744-8407.
• Three Rivers Birding Club and Todd Bird Club will lead a joint outing to Yellow Creek State Park in Indiana County to look for assorted bird species at 8 a.m. Nov. 2. Meet at the park office. Call Margaret Higbee at 724-354-3493.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania will hold a program on how to build an emergency shelter in the woods from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 16 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Allegheny County. Participants will learn how to identify shelter areas and how to insulate yourself to stay alive if you have to spend a night in the woods. Cost is $6 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Call 412-963-6100.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. Game Commission wants fee hikes, must convince sportsmen to buy in
- Frye: Summer’s end offers space for fishing
- Fishing report: Fishing slow despite great weather in Western Pennsylvania
- Outdoors notebook: New Glade Run Lake may sport different look
- Outdoors notices: Aug. 31, 2015
- Outdoor notices: Aug. 30, 2015