Fishing report: Trout hitting at Harbor Acres
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• At Harbor Acres Lake, anglers using minnows are having some success on brown trout stocked last month. A few panfish and the occasional bass were also reported.
• Brown trout continue to hit at Lower Twin Lake for those tossing spinners.
• At Pymatuning Lake, the walleye action has started to pick back up, though yellow perch are still the most consistent biters. Nightcrawlers are taking those fish.
• Smallmouth bass are hitting on the Allegheny River for those tossing tube jigs and live bait such as minnows.
• On the Monongahela River, anglers are picking up white bass by focusing their efforts on the outflows near the various locks. Channel catfish are hitting for those using cut bait.
• Steelhead anglers are doing well on Twenty and Sixteen Mile creeks using skein, eggs sacs and wooly buggers. On Elk and Walnut creeks, anglers are getting steelhead on the same baits, as well as with minnows.
• Virgin Run Dam are giving up decent-sized bluegills for those fishing with nightcrawlers and small jigs tipped with maggots. The trout fishing is fair, too.
• Raccoon Lake continues to give up some stocked trout, though fishing pressure dropped considerably this week with the snow and cold weather.
• At Yellow Creek Lake, anglers were picking up crappies and bluegills this past week, according to one report, with a few yellow perch mixed in. The bass fishing is slow.
• Northmoreland Lake is giving up trout, with the best action coming for those tossing spinners or using minnows. Paste baits have taken a few fish, too, though.
• Lake Arthur anglers are taking good numbers of channel catfish by fishing with chicken livers. Largemouth bass are hitting with some regularity, too.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Advanced hunter education has trouble staying course
- Frye: Summer’s end offers space for fishing
- Outdoors notebook: New Glade Run Lake may sport different look
- Goose can be made tasty by following simple steps
- Pa. Game Commission wants fee hikes, must convince sportsmen to buy in
- Outdoor notices: Aug. 30, 2015
- Outdoors notices: Aug. 31, 2015