Penguins put enforcer MacIntyre on waivers
The Penguins signed Steve MacIntyre to provide protection for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin this season. However, MacIntyre never really made his presence felt and was placed on waivers Wednesday.
So far, no team has claimed MacIntyre.
The enforcer has not been involved in a fight this season, largely because no one will accept his the challenge of fighting him. He hasn't scored a goal this season and was credited with one assist.
Other NHL teams have until Thursday to claim MacIntyre.
> > The Penguins have sustained another injury. Defenseman Simon Despres, the promising 20-year-old rookie who showed terrific flashes during a month-long stint earlier this season, is out two to four weeks with a knee injury. Coach Dan Bylsma said Despres is suffering from a Grade 1 MCL sprain. The injury occurred halfway through the first period against Ottawa on Tuesday, when Despres attempted to deliver a hit.
> > Defenseman Paul Martin returned to the lineup after missing the past game with an illness. In fact, Martin missed practices Sunday and Monday, as well as Tuesday's game against Ottawa, before returning against Washington on Wednesday night.
> > The Penguins welcomed center Dustin Jeffrey back to the lineup. He played in six games earlier this season but clearly was not himself after returning from a torn ACL that took place in Philadelphia last March.
> > Center Joe Vitale and right wing Colin McDonald were healthy scratches against the Capitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Rangers prove best defense is aggressive offense in Game 1
- Penguins notebook: Ehrhoff, Pouliot remain questionable for Game 2
- Penguins’ 4th line a bright spot in Game 1 loss
- Penguins know what’s coming in their playoff series against Rangers
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Ehrhoff day to day after practice
- Starkey: At minimum, Pens must Max out
- Penguins suffer from penalty disparity in Game 1 against Rangers