Penguins announce preseason schedule
The Penguins announced their preseason schedule today. They play Detroit, Chicago and Columbus twice each in the six-game preseason.
The Penguins open the preseason Monday, Sept. 24 at Columbus. A visit from the Red Wings marks the preseason home opener Wednesday, Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins close the preseason vs. Chicago on Friday, Oct. 5. Last season, the Penguins opened the regular season Oct. 6 in Vancouver.
The NHL is expected to release its regular-season schedule later this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- Penguins notebook: Players back team doctors in mumps aftermath
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz tests foot by skating during practice
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder