Penguins announce preseason schedule
The Penguins announced their preseason schedule today. They play Detroit, Chicago and Columbus twice each in the six-game preseason.
The Penguins open the preseason Monday, Sept. 24 at Columbus. A visit from the Red Wings marks the preseason home opener Wednesday, Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins close the preseason vs. Chicago on Friday, Oct. 5. Last season, the Penguins opened the regular season Oct. 6 in Vancouver.
The NHL is expected to release its regular-season schedule later this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- Penguins minor league notebook: WBS players eager for possible NHL playoff call-up
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Penguins notebook: Malkin likely to return Saturday
- Penguins notebook: Adams says fight was to counter Blues’ brutish tactics
- Penguins considering making roster changes for postseason
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina