Penguins announce preseason schedule
The Penguins announced their preseason schedule today. They play Detroit, Chicago and Columbus twice each in the six-game preseason.
The Penguins open the preseason Monday, Sept. 24 at Columbus. A visit from the Red Wings marks the preseason home opener Wednesday, Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins close the preseason vs. Chicago on Friday, Oct. 5. Last season, the Penguins opened the regular season Oct. 6 in Vancouver.
The NHL is expected to release its regular-season schedule later this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Penguins notebook: Crosby practices, feels better
- Penguins’ new 3rd jersey similar to early 1990s version
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Penguins notebook: Hornqvist, Spaling will lead by example
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract