Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Penguins notebook: Road trip increases in difficulty
- Penguins notebook: Crosby says he would play goal if needed
- Crosby, Malkin chase scoring title amid defense-minded league
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal