Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Penguins considering making roster changes for postseason
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- Penguins minor league notebook: WBS players eager for possible NHL playoff call-up