Sutter expected to address trade
By Josh Yohe
Published: Monday, June 25, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins notebook: Gibbons skates, status for Game 4 still unclear
- Talent on ice, effort off it help franchise grow hockey in Columbus
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Blue Jackets goalie Bobrovsky turns page, focuses on Game 2
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Orpik’s second-period goal helps turn tide for Penguins
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs