Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Fleury valiant in defeat