Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Penguins fans from England, Spain journey across pond to Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Therrien, Gonchar not missing a beat after reuniting in Montreal