Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- No team did less than Penguins at NHL Draft
- Penguins notebook: GM Rutherford seeks balance at forward
- Penguins still in Kessel sweepstakes
- Penguins take winger Sprong in 2nd round, add 3 more forwards in NHL Draft
- Penguins deflect trade inquiries, decide to stand pat during NHL Draft
- Pouliot seeks to improve fitness with grueling workout regimen
- Oilers give Penguins permission to interview Nelson for AHL job
- Skating won’t be overlooked by Penguins in forward-heavy draft