Penguins star Malkin: KHL debut 'hard'
By Rob Rossi
Published: Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012, 2:34 p.m.
The taste of homecoming was sour for Evgeni Malkin.
The reigning NHL scoring champion and MVP, Malkin recorded an assist in Metallurg Magnitogorsk's 4-3 overtime loss to Salavat Yulaev on Thursday.
The game was played in front of 7,950 fans in Malkin's Russian hometown, Magnitogorsk. It marked his first game with the club since a famous parting of ways in August 2006.
“Very hard,” Malkin said to the Tribune-Review.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi could practice within a week
- Penguins notebook: Malkin to miss 2nd straight game Saturday
- Jokinen takes center stage as fill-in for Pens’ Malkin
- Penguins notebook: Injury keeps Malkin out against Sharks
- Ex-Penguins winger Kennedy ‘emotional’ about return
- Fleury, Crosby lead Penguins to victory over Sharks at Consol
- Backup goalie Zatkoff has Penguins talking
- Penguins goaltender Vokoun recovering, still hoping to return
- Rossi: Kunitz’s history with Crosby should make him a lock for Sochi
- Crosby chasing Gretzky, Lemieux as game’s greatest offensive catalyst