Engelland signs to play in Norway
By Rob Rossi
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:40 p.m.
Updated: Friday, October 12, 2012
Defenseman Deryk Engelland will be the third Penguin to play games overseas during the NHL lockout after signing with RIHK of the elite league in Norway.
Financial terms are not known, but Engelland said he will return to the Penguins when the lockout ends.
Centers Evgeni Malkin (Russia) and Dustin Jeffrey (Croatia) are also playing elsewhere.
The NHLPA held a conference call Friday with players and the executive committee. The union and NHL have no talks scheduled after fruitless meetings this week. The lockout began Sept. 15.
— Rob Rossi
- How the Penguins kept Malkin
- Penguins’ Crosby wins Lindsay, loses Hart
- Shero named NHL’s General Manager of the Year
- Bylsma, assistant coaches gets contract extensions from Penguins
- Shero: Penguins won’t trade Fleury
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.