Penguins notebook: Letang out again Saturday
By Rob Rossi
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 4:39 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 9, 2013
• Defenseman Kris Letang did not accompany the Penguins to Newark, N.J., and will miss a second consecutive game Saturday against the Devils. Letang, who was hurt during a win at Washington on Sunday, is considered day to day with a lower-body injury.
• Upper St. Clair native Dylan Reese will play his second game for his hometown club. He was paired with rookie Simon Despres in the Penguins' win Thursday against Washington.
• A winter storm altered the Penguins' travel plans Friday. Instead of practicing at Consol Energy Center about 11 a.m. and then flying to Newark, the club departed via charter plane about 8 a.m. and practiced at a rink adjacent to Prudential Center about 2 p.m. Most flights into the New York metropolitan area were delayed or canceled as the National Weather Service called for up to 13 inches of snow through Friday night.
• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury will make his third consecutive start Saturday. He has won three straight starts and stopped 70 of 75 shots over that span.
• The Penguins-Capitals game registered a 12.0 Nielsen rating for Root Sports. Each of the Penguins' 11 regular-season games has registered a double-digit rating. A rating point is equal to about 12,000 households. Penguins games are being watched by an average of about 357,600 people this season based on Nielsen research.
• The defense pairing of Brooks Orpik and Paul Martin had an impressive streak snapped against the Capitals. Orpik was penalized for roughing at 6:48 of the third period. That was the first penalty assessed to either Orpik or Martin this season. The Penguins are the NHL's second-least penalized club.
— Rob Rossi
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators notebook: MacLean puts onus on veterans
- Blowing late lead not a good sign for Penguins
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.