Penguins notebook: Crosby endures another dental procedure
Sidney Crosby had an outpatient dental procedure in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, an anticipated follow-up from his surgery to repair a broken jaw, his agent Pat Brisson said.
There remains no timetable for Crosby's return, mostly because of the uncertain nature of his recovery — an infection could delay his return. Crosby has gone four days without concussion symptoms since taking a puck to the mouth during the Penguins' home win over the New York Islanders on Saturday.
There are no symptoms of post-operative infection, and Crosby remains in good spirits, Brisson said.
Coach Dan Bylsma did not offer an update regarding Crosby's health.
• Bylsma also did not offer details about the recoveries of defenseman Kris Letang (broken toe) and defenseman Paul Martin (broken bone in hand). Letang has skated numerous times this week, and his return could be imminent. Along with the toe injury, he has been dealing with a sore groin for the past few weeks. Martin remains a possibility to return when the postseason starts.
• Defenseman Mark Eaton was not in the lineup against the Rangers on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. Eaton was not feeling well during the Penguins' 4-1 loss against the Sabres on Tuesday, prompting the Penguins to leave the veteran in Pittsburgh. Eaton has surprised many with his play since being signed in February, and the coaching staff has been pleased with his penalty killing.
• Defenseman Robert Bortuzzo finally made it back into the lineup Wednesday. He had not played an NHL game since Feb. 28. Bortuzzo played three games during March in a conditioning assignment in Wilkes-Barre.
• Root Sports Pittsburgh's broadcast of the Penguins-Buffalo game Tuesday generated a 15.01 rating, according to Nielsen Media Research. About 450,300 local television viewers tuned into the broadcast, which was the eighth-highest rated Penguins regular-season game in Root Sports Pittsburgh history.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion