Penguins clinch playoff berth
By Josh Yohe
Published: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 10:30 p.m.
The Penguins clinched a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs on Sunday night when the New Jersey Devils fell in a shootout against the Buffalo Sabres.
A victory in Carolina on Tuesday might be enough to clinch the Penguins their first divisional title since 2008.
The Penguins are the first team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot. A 15-game winning streak in March propelled the Penguins to the top of the conference.
The Chicago Blackhawks and the Penguins clinched a playoff berth Sunday.
The Penguins have qualified for the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Orpik out, Neal to have phone hearing
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Penguins have never been better on power play
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goaltenders find their places in system
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi could practice within a week
- Penguins notebook: Malkin to miss 2nd straight game Saturday
- Penguins notebook: Malkin gets unusual penalty
- Backup goalie Zatkoff has Penguins talking
- Ex-Penguins winger Kennedy ‘emotional’ about return
- Penguins notebook: Injury keeps Malkin out against Sharks