Penguins' preseason schedule released
The Penguins will face familiar opponents in the 2013-14 preseason.
They will host the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets and Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks at Consol Energy Center. The Penguins also will visit those teams during the preseason, which begins Sept. 15 at Columbus.
Detroit and Columbus will join the Eastern Conference next season, with the Blue Jackets now a division rival for the Penguins.
The regular season will begin in early October. That schedule will be released later this summer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- Penguins notebook: Crosby gets early work
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’