Penguins' preseason schedule released
The Penguins will face familiar opponents in the 2013-14 preseason.
They will host the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets and Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks at Consol Energy Center. The Penguins also will visit those teams during the preseason, which begins Sept. 15 at Columbus.
Detroit and Columbus will join the Eastern Conference next season, with the Blue Jackets now a division rival for the Penguins.
The regular season will begin in early October. That schedule will be released later this summer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Penguins notebook: Players prepared for tough schedule in minors
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Hard-hitting Penguins veteran winger Kunitz is last of a dying breed
- Starkey: Farewell to NHL fighting
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Penguins notebook: Optional practice yields unusual defensemen demographic
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Penguins notebook: Blues defenseman Bortuzzo sticks to brutish ways