Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sutter steps up for Penguins in series-tying victory
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Perron needs to shoot
- Crosby says Edmonton would be good spot for prospective top pick McDavid
- Penguins’ Martin a marked man in series with Rangers
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Rangers’ Miller matures into productive player
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Penguins suffer from penalty disparity in Game 1 against Rangers
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins know what’s coming in their playoff series against Rangers
- Penguins notebook: Ehrhoff, Pouliot remain questionable for Game 2