Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins notebook: Ex-teammate Cooke says ‘I feel for’ Shero, Bylsma
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins
- Apparent knee injury leaves Penguins’ Bennett in limbo
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- Penguins’ Kapanen impressing under tutelage of Maatta
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0