Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Penguins’ new 3rd jersey similar to early 1990s version
- Penguins notebook: Crosby practices, feels better
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Penguins’ Johnston eager to open 1st camp