Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Tweets connect Pittsburghers with the world, each other in 5 words
- Plum teacher held for trial on charges of witness intimidation
- Male suspect in custody from New Kensington shooting
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Overturned cement truck knocks out power in South Side Slopes
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Ferris resigns from Baldwin Council
- Gateway athletes mix it up at state meet
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Judge orders Highmark, UPMC lawyers to hash out consent decree