Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Rangers up ante in Metropolitan Division with trade acquisitions
- Penguins notebook: ‘Skill practice’ part of optional workout
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Crosby fights, Penguins lose to Blue Jackets