Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins recall 4 players