Penguins re-sign Jeffrey to 1-year deal
The Penguins signed restricted free-agent forward Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year deal worth $625,000 on Thursday.
Jeffrey, 25, had three goals and six points in 24 games last season. He could be in line for a bigger role this season with the departures of forwards Matt Cooke, Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Tyler Kennedy.
Jeffrey believes he is 100 percent healthy after requiring almost two years to completely recover from a torn ACL sustained in 2011. Before the injury, he had scored seven goals in 25 games while helping replace injured centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
Jeffrey, a sixth-round pick in 2007, had four goals and two assists in 26 games in 2011-12.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis returns to lineup
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Rossi: Dupuis may be Penguins’ most important player
- Rossi: Johnston started strong before opener
- Penguins notebook: Competitive drive evident in practice
- Penguins notebook: Bortuzzo’s return could shake up defense
- Penguins notebook: Goligoski emerges as top-four defenseman in Dallas
- Beefed-up Islanders could pose threat to Penguins