Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Team pays tribute to Ottawa shooting victims
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis returns to lineup
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Penguins star center Crosby erasing playoff letdown with hot start
- Penguins’ Dupuis takes ice after leaving Thursday’s game on stretcher
- Special teams shine for Penguins in win