Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Penguins notebook: Maatta making strides at practice
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate this season
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Rossi: Just like old times for Penguins’ Crosby, Malkin
- Penguins notebook: Blues defenseman Bortuzzo sticks to brutish ways
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime