Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Penguins notebook: Blues defenseman Bortuzzo sticks to brutish ways
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Starkey: Farewell to NHL fighting
- Hard-hitting Penguins veteran winger Kunitz is last of a dying breed
- Penguins notebook: Cole more at ease facing former team
- Malkin, Crosby come through as Penguins hold on for win
- Penguins notebook: Optional practice yields unusual defensemen demographic
- Penguins’ Crosby, Avalanche’s MacKinnon share special friendship