Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Remember the Lusitania!
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September