Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss